Shinning and Happy...
|A sign on the trail at the New England Peace Pagoda|
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the first test and the lesson afterward."
This morning as I got in the car leaving my driveway for work, I heard REM’s “Shinny Happy People” on the radio. What a great way to start the day, I thought to myself! A lovely reminder from the Universe that we are all amazing beings who can cultivate our own happiness from our own inner world in which we create, one must look within to seek the real treasure not the outside world, the knowledge is there it’s the conditioning that we have to make space from and free ourselves from our own mental attachment. I look at humans and don’t understand why they tell themselves the same old stories to brining about their own misery and to radiate it onto others. Just look at a black lab and notice how happy and loving they are towards anyone without self inflicting judgment. They are truly happy and content with themselves first and are happy to radiate it onto others whether it is a fellow black lab, another animal or human. But somewhere with all of this conditionings on the human mind we tend to forget what truly brings us joy and happiness. There’s no right or wrong way to do this. It’s just brining awareness to the present moment and to act upon it so the next moment or moments will bring about the change you want to see in the world. Let the moment be the teacher and learn from it, embrace it, surrender to what is and let the beauty of the moment run and be happy. May all beings be free and happy!
There’s many ways to bring about joy:
- Take a walk on the beach or anywhere else in Nature and be truly present.
- Write a letter to a friend or better yet surprise them with a small pressie to tell them that you love them.
- Read some inspirational work.
- Look at beautiful photos.
- Randomly give out hearts and stars to people that you meet to remind them that they are important and belong here.
- Listen to some good music.
- Give to organizations that you truly believe in and that bring about the change you hope to see in the world.
- Treat yourself to something that you always wanted and don’t beat yourself up on the cost of the item.
- Travel and seek out the beauty of the world.
- Go into silence and listen.
- Trust your intuition and listen to your inner voice.
Ask someone how is there day going or how are you.